Thursday, April 15, 2010

Early Contractions

Last week I got rear ended in our new car! It scared me more than anything because I was worried about Paislee. The damage wasn't bad on the outside but there ended up being under body damage so the bumper was replaced. Just to be cautious we went to labor and delivery and I started having contractions. They monitored Paislee's heartbeat for about 4 hours then they sent us home because I hadn't dialated and she looked fine. One week later (last night) I had an anxiety feeling (what a surprise) that I should go into my doctor and be checked again to make sure everything was okay. Good thing we went because my doctor checked me and I was dialated to almost a 3! The doctor got a little worried and gave me a steroid shot to progress Paislee's lung development in case I go into labor in the next 10 days or so. He also put me on bed rest for the rest of the week at least. We went home after the doctor appoinment and I started having contractions consistently. So we went back to labor and delivery and they hooked me up to monitors and I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes but I hadn't dialated bigger so they eventually sent me home. This morning they had me come back in to the doctor again to check my cervix and I'm still the same. I have to get another steroid shot later on today and I guess just take it easy for the next bit til my appointment on Monday. The doctor said everyday that I can keep her in will help alot so that's what were trying to do!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

So glad that she's still cookin' in there you guys, we're praying for you!! Take it easy Britt, we love you!

Warburtons said...

Stay down. No cleaning NO nothing. Tell Jeff that he gets to clean and cook for the next little bit!! :) As much as I want to see this little bugger, she needs to stay in there and grow some more.
Hope your feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Brittany! Wow...I am so sorry you are going through this. Please let me know if I can do anything to help!!!

Trav-Amy-Kennedy-Shaylee Barney said...

Man you sure have been going through a lot! Your a strong woman though! I can't believe you are already a 3! STAY IN BED! Take advantage of the rest cuz soon it will be all gone haha! Can't wait to see this little one but not just yet! luv ya!